links about healthcare . I hope they help. If you have others lmkS
- Real solutions for real New Yorkers Attorney generals office
- Patient termination should not be taken lightly
- Should a doctor terminate a patient?
- One must be especially careful in discharging a patient if you are a rural provider and/or there are no other needed physicians to care for the patient.
- New york state attorney general Health care the real problem in health care.
- AMA ETHICS Opinion 10.05 - Potential Patients
- American Medical Association...Opinion 10.02 - Patient Responsibilities
- AMA Opinion 10.015 - The Patient-Physician Relationship
- AMA Opinion 10.01 - Fundamental Elements of the Patient-Physician Relationship
- AMA says...Patient Relationship - Termination
How can I "terminate" a patient from my practice?
In order to terminate a patient/physician relationship, it is recommended that you notify the patient in writing of your decision and give the patient their recommendations for physicians who can be contacted. If the patient is currently being treated by the physician for an acute illness, it is recommended that the physician wait to discharge the patient until the patient has completed treatment and is stable.
- more frequently asked questions AMA
- abandonment by your doctor
- medical malpractice
- patients care
- abandonment defination
- abandoned by your doctor where are they when you need them?
- The Elements of Patient Abandonment
- Patient Abandonment
- lawyers helping doctors.... patients to the curb